View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
NHL13 controller in hand... . I really do hate doing this but what the hell...

Chevy pulls the trigger and puts his stamp on the team in a rather big way, acquiring both Stastny and Versteeg.

Trade pieces: Burmistrov, Postma, 2nd round pick, Prospects, etc.

If the Avs were to trade Stastny, O'Reilly and Duchene become the undisputed 1-2 centers, leaving Burmistrov as the no. 3 center or top 9 RW. Possible fit there. Maybe Chevy also gets a guy like Kobasew who can add a bit of sandpaper/stability to the bottom 6? God knows we need it.

Burmistrov + (Not sure what the + would be?) for Stastny + Kobasew

2nd + Postma for Versteeg

Yes, I still do believe Versteeg has good value. Had a great year last year and he is on a good contract (in my opinion) for the next 3 seasons after this one. Florida could probably use an offensive defenseman with a big shot. Aside from Campbell who has 6 goals, they only have 2 goals all year from the rest of the defense. Postma could maybe fit where Garrison left.

Kane - Stastny - Versteeg
Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Wellwood/Miettinen - Jokinen - Antropov
Wright - Slater - Kobasew

All just for fun. Does it happen? well, I may win the lottery before it does but... , I would be ok with these moves because it doesn't mortgage our future, it adds nicely to our core and fills needs both today and the future, in my opinion.
I'm good with those moves. Though I'm thinking the line combos might be a bit different.

Kane/Stastny/Wheeler - wheeler and stastny played together during lockout
Ladd/Little/Versteeg - Ladd and Versteeg played together in Chicago.

Antro/Jokinen/Miettinen

Wright/Slater/Kobasew

Wellwood/Peluso

Pretty decent top 6 (or 9), imo.