Old
03-11-2013, 01:17 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
And he didn't perform up to expectations b/c he had to adjust to an entirely different role and not an easy one at that....he is not all at fault. I mean Brys was given a mulligan by many for the season because he was "adjusting" yet Bob wasn't I guess? I mean whenever he would have an outstanding game where he was the difference last year he would then go back to riding the pine b/c we had to accomodate Bryz and his contract. Bob was placed in a no win situation of sorts.
I am not knocking Bob as a goalie. I would love for him to be backing up Bryz, but that is (was) an unrealistic option. Once Bryz was signed it was clear he was not going to re-sign here. If you think otherwise you are fooling yourself. I wanted them to trade him as soon as the Bryz contract was signed because his value was likely at its highest. It was not a knock on Bob, just that there was no room for him.

If Bryz wasn't signed we would be having a completely different discussion. If your issue is that Bryz never should have been signed, that is different than saying Bob shouldn't have been traded once Bryz was signed. I would not have been ok with trading Bob if Bryz wasn't here.