View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Ceff Jarter
Registered Duster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
I think the Jackets have been better than even most fans acknowledge. Its not like we were an awful team that's put together a good streak, we have been playing great hockey for a while. We lost a slew of one goal games early this season, and the fact that the guys kept working through that is even more encouraging. I think a 13-6-3 finish is unlikely, but its got to be higher than the 5% chance folks have been citing.

What does Jarmo do? I think we should only be sellers at the deadline if we are more than a few points out of playoff position. If we sell while the players are still gunning for the playoffs I think it could risk harming the room (i.e. guys will stop making sacrifices for the team, and we lose team unity). I think there could be long term consequences to that. So if we are in the playoff bubble we will likely just make lateral moves, maybe guys like Mason and Nikitin will go.

If we are clearly out of it then a lot of players could go. I would see what we get for renting out Letestu and Prospal, and maybe trade Brassard.
100% agree with that. It seems like the entire team has bought into Richard's and Davidson's message. If they blow it up while guys are still competing for a playoff birth, that would be do nothing but reinforce a losing attitude. People need to stop looking at Chicago and Pittsburg as the only model to win a cup. A LOT of things went perfectly right for both of those teams.