View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 01:56 PM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Reality is that he's been a MUCH better player lately. What I dislike about some people, is that they usually take the last 2-3 games and treat it as if it was the norm. Gionta wasn't as present as he is now. He is doing better. I will still believe he'd be at his place on a 3rd line when all is said and done, meaning with Bourque back.
A lot of people made good points about how he wasn't great early on, but his offensive contribution was still acceptable, and so was his general play. I never got the feeling that he floated ... I appreciated his passing skills early on and I thought he always found a way to get at least 2-3 good scoring chances night in night out. He wasn't dominant, but he was playing a solid 5 on 5 game. people looking back saying he was ''beyond garbage'' is just ridiculous. If you want to label him a 3rd liner its fine, but I'd rather consider him a complete top 9 forward that contributes the way you want him to. In his worst games this year I felt he was still one of the best to apply puck pressure and cause turnovers,

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote