View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 01:57 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7venbarschi View Post
Flames Fan here. Could Toffoli be up to showcase him if he plays? Would the Kings have interest in Iggy?
He's not up to showcase. You don't recall a guy just to show him off for other teams, unless you were way out of the playoff picture. You recall a guy because you think he can help you, plain and simple.

That said, yes, I think the Kings could be in on Iginla. The Kings likely don't want a long-term contract as they will be in tight for the cap next season, and the Flames likely want a long-term solution in net. Some sort of a Bernier for Iginla deal seems quite possible, at least worthy of being explored.

And before the masses rain down brimstone on me, I don't mean Bernier straight up for Iginla, but those two being involved in some sort of deal, with other assets involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post

Edit: what if the scouts are here for one of our roster players and toffoli is up to quickly replace him? Wasn't there many scouts at the last game? Maybe it all wasn't for iginla
The scouts never are there for just one player. They are there for both teams, scouting several players, and also filing game reports on strategy, whose getting what assignments, etc. for down the road when they play the Kings (or whoever they are scouting).

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote