View Single Post
Old
07-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Empireshark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
In order to make room for a rookie and save money, are you ready to trade Bonk for a low draft pick ? or waive him ?

As for me, I'm willing to trade him for a 6th round pick. Below that, I prefer to keep him. What do you think ?
He played most of the season either hurt or coming back off of a long layoff because of an injury. Why don't we just wait and see how he performs when he's healthy. From what I saw at the end of last year when it seemed he'd gotten past the groin issues he did pretty well in the role that was assigned to him. As for his contract, Gainey knew what he was getting into contract-wise when he traded for him, in fact, if I'm not mistaken, Bob negoitiated his salary down from where it was and lengthened the term. Bonk is a good experienced 3rd or 4th liner who can kill penalties and sub in on the 2nd line everyonce in a while. Plus, there's only one more year remaining on his contract and we're in pretty good position cap-wise so unless Bob gets a fairly decent return for Bonk or Bonk + ???? I doubt he'll trade him and a draft pick is not the type of return this team needs as we're already stocked full of promising prospects.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote