View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 02:32 PM
NYROrtsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Same here. I played as a youth from elementary school through high school and I've just gotten into the Premier League, Champions League, and Serie A the last 3-4 years. I realized that I was never into watching professional soccer-even though I loved the sport- because the MLS is really crappy. I mean, I'll watch games if they're on but the European leagues are so much more entertaining. With Fox Soccer and ESPN showing more games I've been able to follow the European leagues more. I believe NBC Sports has a deal with the BPL next season too so that should be awesome.
It's amazing how MLS is thought of more highly over in Europe compared to how it is thought of in its own country.

15 years ago, MLS was garbage. 7 years ago, it was slightly better but still bad. 4 years ago it was slightly better.

Now it's pretty solid.. Which is why you see so many of the European teams struggle when they play MLS teams during the summer and also going after so many different MLS players.

It's not the EPL yet but no league in the world is... It's certainly better than the SPL (coming from a Celtic supporter) and several of the other leagues over there. Keeps getting shown clearly by supposed EPL stars coming over here and performing like **** regardless of age.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote