View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 03:46 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
I think it's going to be a buyer's market. There's a tonne of teams looking to unload salary for next year and the level of competition in the East is really sad. There's like 5 teams that are decent this year in the east. The west is competitive as usual though.

Looks like there'll be more sellers than buyers in my opinion. I think players are going to go for less than usual or be fewer trades. Also it's worth noting that this is a deep draft this year (For real this time) so teams are more likely to hold on to 1st round picks.

Teams like Toronto and the NYI, who haven't sniffed the playoffs in yrs, will be very reluctant to give up a chance at the postseason, if they are within several pts of 8th.

And there is some disagreement, about how strong the 2013 draft is.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...of-talent.html
The good news is there’s some high-end young talent available in the 2013 NHL draft – Nathan MacKinnon, Seth Jones and Jonathan Drouin at the head of the class – for the bottom-feeders to feast on. The bad news? Contrary to popular belief, the 2013 draft isn’t nearly as deep as scouts initially projected the past couple of seasons.

“The 2013 draft is not as strong or as deep as we first thought,” said one scout, echoing the thoughts of many others. “It’s a deep top 10 and an OK first round, but I don’t see a lot of depth. Is it deeper than 2012? I’m not so sure.”

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote