Thread: GBU: Ugly
View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 03:50 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBriere48 View Post
No they wouldn't have - it was during a powerplay in overtime during a critical game, with a 5 on 3 ensuing from the hit. Not the time to avenge a play like that.

Any time Pommer, Foligno, Vanek, Staff, (most of the team really), turn the other cheek, regardless of context, they are hammered and its used to point out how soft they and the team are. When its pointed out that it was smarter to not doing anything in that situation. We would have read about how they should have at least gone up to the player and said something. Which I might add Ott didn't do. He didn't even react at all to the hit on Ennis.

Do you really think the players I mentioned would have been given a pass for being smart if they did the same thing Ott did, or actually didn't do. You really think some fans on here wouldn't be on them for skating by Ennis slumped on the ice to get the puck, make a pass and then skate away not even acknowledging what took place. You really think no one would be hammering them? I find you optimism on this baffling.

Don't confuse my thoughts on how fans would react to certain other players with me thinking Ott did the wrong thing.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote