Thread: Trade Kessel?
View Single Post
03-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Delivering The Truth
vCash: 1550
Originally Posted by superleafsfan View Post
Personally, I love our combination of speed, skill, and grit. Kessel may be invisible at times, but he's a threat to score every time he steps on the ice. Teams know this and must adjust their gameplan accordingly.

Kessel's speed and goal scoring abilities open up opportunities for other players. He adds another dimension to our team.

Lupul - career journeyman who had been traded numerous times for not living up to his potential. Plays on a line with Kessel and becomes an All-Star

JVR - underachieving winger who, until this season, has not had the success that people have hoped for. Now among the league leaders in goals, after being put on a line with Kessel.

Bozak - NCAA undrafted signing who has improved each year while being on a line with Kessel.
Good post, I never really thought it that way. You could consider Phil Kessel a sort of a castaway as well given how his relationship with Claude Julien and his subsequent refusal to resign at a very young age.

Honestly, I think Kessel has gotten pretty comfortable on this team. I think if Tyler Bozak is extended this off season, Kessel will follow in suit and sign a fair longterm contract. Just a hunch based off no tangible fact lol.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote