View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 04:05 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Uhm, another winger? Who's contract is ending at the end of the year? No thanks. We need another Dman. Scuderi's contract is up and he hasn't looked to par this season.
Iginla's would be, which would be the point, as opposed to targetting a guy signed long-term.

As for D, even without Scuderi and Mitchell, next year we'll have (assuming no trade/contract issues):

Doughty-Greene
Martinez-Voynov
Ellerby-Muzzin

Not great, but not bad. I could see us wanting to upgrade over Ellerby, but beyond that it's not bad at all. Where we are a little concerned is in terms of depth, as only Deslauriers is on the farm next year with both the experience as a pro and the ability to play NHL minutes. Maybe Bodnarchuk as well. Campbell and Kolomatis I have questions about.

As such, I could see DL going after a college kid UFA, like we did years back with Piskula. The top one is Danny Dekeyser, but there's no way we get him. Beyond that, Sustr would be nice, but i see him needing pro experience before being ready to step up and play in the NHL, and we'd want someone who can step in fairly soon.

Shayne Taker I could see us looking at. There's actually a decent crop of college D-men to consider this year. This article lists some of them: http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-the-ccha-wcha

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote