View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Flames92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
There were good prospects ahead of him. A player can still be a decent prospect even if he isn't considered top of the heep. That's what you normally imply when you say that a guy would make a good second round pick. It's nothing personal against the player - he is what he is.
Why don't we just make you the head scout of the Calgary Flames right now? You seem to know more then them... You do realize that these "best players" you speak of don't always pan out, should I make a list? Taking what is regarded as the best player because the media says they are mean nothing. We've seen this time after time.

The media simply ranks who they feel is the best player overall. They don't look at how the player will fit into a certain system and another, they don't know if these players can translate their game to the pro. They just rank them in relation to the other 18 year olds. I get that your not happy with the pick and thats fine. But to simply say he's a 2nd round pick or "he is what he is" is just foolish. The Flames we're not the only team looking at him and we knew from the gate that it will take this guy longer to develop then others. For him to go from playing high school hockey to the NCAA as an 18 year old and have a .55 PPG avg, I don't see what more we are expecting from him.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote