View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Do you guys think there is anything to the stories that Burmistrov might be available? Or is it just because there is a slow market and the media wants to stir something up with a highly-touted player that isn't producing flashy offensive numbers?

If he is available, what would it likely take from St. Louis?
It's tough to say. His age and talent would make you think a developing team like the Jets would want to keep him and see what he can become.

Comments from Hnidy and Dreger (not from the team but you know what I mean), his recent play, and subsequent loss of ice time has me wondering if indeed the Jets would be open to trading him.

As for St. Louis, it's interesting you mention the Blues. I was going to ask a hypothetical question about if Burmistrov was traded, is there a team in the league either through being near the cap, or near their own internal cap that may value Burmistrov's low salary, and may be looking to deal a player on a higher salary back.

St. Louis came to my mind as I believe that they have an internal cap, and some high priced RFA's coming up (Stewart, Berglund, AP, Russel, Cole, Shattenkirk). Any possibility that a guy like Stewart could be moved for $ purposes?

I'd rather get a player coming back to help our the Jets myself, otherwise, I guess a deal around a 1st and prospects of some kind would the other alternative if a roster player wasn't suitable.