View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 03:20 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's also where ''using your brain'' kicks in. For a guy that praises himself so highly on evaluating players to the point where you say that you can see things many other fans can't, I have to wonder why you're not siding on a longer deal.
I'm not praising myself, take it easy there, Kriss. Everyone wants a long-term deal, but at what cost?

Quote:
You didn't need to be some magic scout to see how amazing PK's potential was/is, and how remarkable his play already was (all things considered).
The risk to sign him right away to a longer/cheaper deal now was small. If PK only kept progressing as he as over the last few years, then he would definitely earn his spot among the best of the NHL (all ages considered).
How do you know that? You can only go by what you see and PK left a lot to be desired, considering his talent. Everyone knew he was already a very good player with a lot of potential, but to deserve the big money long term he still had/has more to prove. The way he's playing right now, if he had played like that last year without Markov's influence and on a crappy team, I would have a different opinion. He's now showing his real potential, on a good team in a great system. Still has a ways to go, but MB handled it perfectly so far.

Quote:
You keep talking about his lack of vision and IQ, but it makes absolutely no sense for someone that lacks IQ to do the things PK does, none.
Do you know what the word "relative" means? He still possesses good instincts, but relative to the guys we were arguing about in the other thread, he is lacking in that department. And that is the most important department. Ok?

Quote:
It was already pretty obvious at first, and it only becomes even more clear every time you speak of the kid, your evaluation of him is just wrong.
Ok Kriss, I get it. Every time he has a good stretch you will be here trumpeting "I told you so" as if I didn't already believe PK was a very good player with a high ceiling. Bravo.

Would you like a mulligan on your opinion of OEL, or do you still believe PK is better? Or is that too shallow and desperate of me?

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote