View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Mike Jones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Why don't we just make you the head scout of the Calgary Flames right now? You seem to know more then them... You do realize that these "best players" you speak of don't always pan out, should I make a list? Taking what is regarded as the best player because the media says they are mean nothing. We've seen this time after time.

The media simply ranks who they feel is the best player overall. They don't look at how the player will fit into a certain system and another, they don't know if these players can translate their game to the pro. They just rank them in relation to the other 18 year olds. I get that your not happy with the pick and thats fine. But to simply say he's a 2nd round pick or "he is what he is" is just foolish. The Flames we're not the only team looking at him and we knew from the gate that it will take this guy longer to develop then others. For him to go from playing high school hockey to the NCAA as an 18 year old and have a .55 PPG avg, I don't see what more we are expecting from him.
Scouts ranked him as a second round (CSS had him ranked at 43 for N.A. skaters) pick and others as going higher. I'll take their word for it. And once again, lots of kids (Both drafted and undrafted) go from draft age to NCAA. And lots of them don't wind up in the NHL either.

Last edited by Mike Jones: 03-11-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote