Thread: Speculation: Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 03:53 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
On the NYI board we are discussing Anders Lee, who can become a ufa like Schultz did. Isles tried signing Lee last summer. Lee choose to go back to Notre Dame, saying he thought they could win a national title.

NYI fans are split about what we expect from Lee this summer. Some fans say he's a high character kid and will sign. I hope Lee signs. But, if I was in his shoes, I'd look for an organization that lacked youngsters or one that lacked big, physical players. Isles have a glut of youngsters, a few with pf potential.

If I was Lee or his rep, I'd be looking hard at SJ, Edmonton and Calgary, trying to reach the NHL asap.

I've read several of your fans posts, about needing to add youth. Would your gm offer a conditional 2rd rounder for Lee's rights. Isles get a 2nd only if he signs. With a shrinking ufa market, there will be plenty of teams to offer Lee very nice money to sign.

Pronman's comments on Lee:
Date of birth: 07/03/1990
Height: 6'3''
Weight: 218
Shoots: Left
Statistics: 40 GP, 17 G, 34 P (University of Notre Dame-CCHA)
Acquired: Sixth round, 152nd overall in 2009 by New York Islanders

The Good: Lee has a plus if not better physical game and is an absolute beast on the ice. His huge frame makes it so hard for players to strip the puck from him as he is a prototypical power forward you put in front of the net on a power play. He's got a high-end shot and can rip bombs from a distance and show accuracy doing so. Lee has above-average puck skills as well and is pretty coordinated for a big guy.

The Bad: Lee is more of a shoot-first player, and while his off-the-puck hockey sense is decent, he's not much of a playmaker. His skating is still notably below-average too. His production dropped off this year, however he was getting a ton of chances and seemed like a case of sample size where should he have gotten another 40 games to play with the same level of chance creation he would've had much better scoring rates.

Projection: He could be a below-average second-line forward.