View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 04:00 PM
tantalum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Given how the blueline has looked and the power play (for a while now) - I'd actually rank them lower in term of job effectiveness than AV.
Yep. Especially when we heard coming into the season how they were going to have a different looking PP etc. They don't. Take Burros off the PP for goodness sakes. Love the guy 5-on-5 and on the PK but on the PP he is just lost. He doesn't have the patience or passing game to help develop a good opportunity and he simply doesn't have the net presence to be effective. Put Kassian on the first PP unit until kesler is back. And honestly, put Sestito on the second unit and just look to blast from the point for the 35 seconds the second unit gets (oh I know a horrible solution for the second unit but Higgins, Hansen and Raymond also don't have the patience or net presence). When kesler comes back put Kassian in the second unit and Sestito back on the bench.

The blueline has always had one or two guys playing well below usual levels. Hamhuis to start the year. Edler the past 15 games. Garrison was expected to be a slow start and I think he's picked his play up. ballard after a tremendous start DID slow down. Not to the point barker or Alberts should be playing before him but his play dropped. Tanev has likely been the most consistent blueliner and really he shouldn't be counted on for as much as he has been.