View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 04:03 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I did watch the games and not the stat sheet for the majority of this season so far.

Bryz was the only bright spot on the team for ages and ages this season. That's what I mean by carry. He's received little support and he deserves credit. Now, he is in a pretty bad stretch. But how much further would we have been out of games early if he wasn't playing well?

I can't be the only one who saw him playing well before this recent bad stretch.
No, he doesn't deserve credit. You don't get credit for a hot string of 11 games, just like you don't get trashed for a string of 10 bad ones, you get evaluated based on your OVERALL EFFORT. Bryzgalov's OVERALL EFFORT amounts to 12-11-1, a .899 save %, and a 2.71 GAA. That's crap. Total crap.

I'm really happy for Bryzgalov stringing 11 decent starts together to begin the season, but it doesn't even come close to excusing his overall poor play.

And just for fun, if you're someone who likes looking at streaks:
First 11 games: .921 save %
Last 15 games: .876 save %

This run of horrible games is about 1.5x as long as Bryz's run of good games and he's been much worse during this bad streak than he was during his good streak.

So no, I'm sorry, Bryzgalov has not carried this team any more than Tom Sestito carried the team when he scored 2 goals in 1 night. Bryz is an overpaid bum and he deserves absolutely no credit for his play this year because it's decidedly below average.

We could be getting the same caliber of play out of Boosh or Leights.