View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Holdurbreathe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Clowe and Morrow are both washed up, but they would still add some skill / grit to our 2nd or 3rd line. They wouldn't cost much, and I think Clowe is worth it. San Jose is struggling from top to bottom, but Clowe is much better than hes shown this year.

And you're kidding yourself if you think Streit is done. Hes the Islanders 2nd best player imo behind Tavares, and he doesn't really play a physical game that breaks down mid 30 year olds. Its not like we're talking about trading Zbad for him, or giving him a 7 year contract.

Streit would be great on a 2-3 year deal at 4 million imo. That's less than Gonchar, and hes a better player at this stage.
Any forward over the age of 29 that is making over $3M isn't likely to ever be wearing a Sens jersey unless they are a sure thing for the top line.

I like what Clowe used to bring, but something has definitely taken his play down a lot.

Streit would be a great fit IMO as well, right handed D that moves the puck well, can run a PP and isn't soft. I like your price as well but if he gets to UFA status he will get overpaid most likely.