Old
03-11-2013, 04:22 PM
CanuckCity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorchaos View Post
A topic I found on CDC from last year concerning our team strategy:

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/33002...#entry10658966

I look at the differences in AV's strategy (none) compared to the difference in roster from last year. We no longer have solid centers who consistently win faceoffs and our special teams have been stagnant. Combine these factors with AV's strategy outlined above and we have no chance. I also kind of find it funny that he and Gillis call our team a puck possession team when we clearly aren't. Even the poll results from this topic suggests otherwise.
Very interesting read. Glad you posted that. Bottom line is we don't have the players that fit the system we are trying to play anymore. The loss of erhoff and malhotra was huge. Losing Salo didnt help either. The real problem is that we seem unable to adapt and its causing guys to either play positions they're not comfortable in or take on roles too great for their own good. Case in point: Edler. He's expected to be a shutdown dman and a pp QB. In reality he's a very good TWD that has a great outlet pass and a big shot. However he shouldn't be expected to skate the puck in the zone and control the pp. Not to mention he gets moved between the left and right side every game. IMO his best years were with erhoff here and i think if we acquired lubo or streit it would do wonders for him and the rest of the d core.

OR, knowing that the aforementioned trade is very unlikely, why don't we put ballard with him. Was ballard not brought in to be the smooth-skating puck mover? He's literally been forced to become a shutdown guy even though he's our most creative dman imo.