Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Was wondering about this lineup for my 2 PP units?:

PP 1: Cy Denneny- Adam Oates-Rod Gilbert-Peter Bondra-Tim Horton
PP 2: Dean Prentice-Bobby Clarke-Milan Hejduk-Craig Hartsburg-Jan Suchy
The powerplay looks good. First unit is well-built, very solid. You don't have much in the way of shooters on the second unit, but it's not lacking in talent, especially on the points, which are very strong.

Quote:
Also how about this for my top 6 on defense:

Jan Suchy-Tim Horton
Red Horner-Craig Hartsburg
Steve Smith- Phil Russell
- Horton is an above-average #1, and Suchy is probably about an average #2, so this looks like it will be a somewhat above average pairing, with good chemistry.

- Horner is a decent #3. I always kind of wonder about his lack of all-star recognition during his career, but he brings a solid all-around game (better offense and specifically playmaking than a lot of people realize) and seems about an average #3 here. It's a shame that Hartsburg's prime got cut so short by injuries. He was quite good at his peak and I think underrated because he played in such a backwater. I think he ends up being about an average #4 who you may have overdrafted slightly. It's no crime to take Hartsburg where you did, but I'm not in love with his value in comparison to guys like Beck, Duncan, Davydov, Numminen, Cook, Svedberg and Harris, all of whom were still out there at the time you took Hartsburg. Anyway, I think Horner - Hartsburg ends up being about an average second pairing.

- Phil Russell is a good #5 and a player that I like. Steve Smith is a good #6, as well. The pairing may be a little light on puckmoving (though both men had some ability in that department), but it will be tight defensively and isn't going to give an inch to the bangers who populate many lower lines in the ATD. An above average 3rd pairing, I'd say.

Overall, a good defense. It's not wow, but there aren't really any clear weaknesses, either, and all of the parts seem to fit. I think it's a bit above the ATD median this year.

Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote