View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 04:58 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
We didn't/aren't doing the same thing over and over again. For many years, we tried to get by with excellent forwards/D and a mediocre (but cheap) veteran starting goalie. We had some serious success with that, but it wasn't enough, so we changed our strategy and brought in a young promising Russian Goalie Prospect(Bob). That worked out even better in the regular season, but we failed in the post-season again, so we shifted strategies yet again. We shipped off 2 franchise cornerstones at forward and acquired an expensive franchise goalie, who is currently playing at a level far lower than that Russian prospect did and right around the same as our cheap mediocre veterans did.

To argue that we've been doing the same thing over and over again is moronic. We actually tried some new things, they haven't worked. It's time to amnesty Bryz and move on.

But of course you're going to suggest changing the system to suit Bryz, because that's just so logical for a Bryz defender. "Our franchise goalie isn't living up to his contract, we could amnesty him, or we could drastically change our entire system to a more defensive system in an effort to shelter him while still paying him like an elite goalie"

"Let's go with option #2"

If a single lightbulb goes out at house, do you rip up the entire ceiling and change out the entire lighting/electrical system at your home? And then try to put that same defective lightbulb back into your new lighting system? Because that's essentially what you're advocating doing here w/ Bryz.

"It's not his fault, it's the system!!!"
i was referring to the flyers system which has been the same since lavy got here. i guess your reading comprehensions skills aren't all that great but maybe you should try a little harder next time before throwing around words like moronic.

ok so don't change the system, amnesty bryz and roll the dice with smith cause that worked so great for the Lightning. my point is you know what has worked for him in the past and there are only question marks out there in viable goaltenders.

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 03-11-2013 at 05:03 PM.