View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 04:59 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
We didn't/aren't doing the same thing over and over again. For many years, we tried to get by with excellent forwards/D and a mediocre (but cheap) veteran starting goalie. We had some serious success with that, but it wasn't enough, so we changed our strategy and brought in a young promising Russian Goalie Prospect(Bob). That worked out even better in the regular season, but we failed in the post-season again, so we shifted strategies yet again. We shipped off 2 franchise cornerstones at forward and acquired an expensive franchise goalie, who is currently playing at a level far lower than that Russian prospect did and right around the same as our cheap mediocre veterans did.

To argue that we've been doing the same thing over and over again is moronic. We actually tried some new things, they haven't worked. It's time to amnesty Bryz and move on.

But of course you're going to suggest changing the system to suit Bryz, because that's just so logical for a Bryz defender. "Our franchise goalie isn't living up to his contract, we could amnesty him, or we could drastically change our entire system to a more defensive system in an effort to shelter him while still paying him like an elite goalie"

"Let's go with option #2"

If a single lightbulb goes out at house, do you rip up the entire ceiling and change out the entire lighting/electrical system at your home? And then try to put that same defective lightbulb back into your new lighting system? Because that's essentially what you're advocating doing here w/ Bryz. you guys claim that your point is the whole team doesn't play well but then you make comments insinuating that if we just changed our goalie we'd be fine.

"It's not his fault, it's the system!!!"
i've seen other goalies blowing that are not bryzgalov in net for us recently. but i guess it don't matter as long as the cap hit is low. your denial that bryz is the only thing wrong with our play is i was gonna say funny but its depressing. you sound like you just read everybody else's posts and regurgitated what they said so you can be on their "side".