View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 05:04 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
I do like that line-up though. I didn't really think Duchene had a realistic chance at making the roster, but under that scenario, and given Duchene's bounce back season, I'm liking your suggestion more and more.
Yeah, Duchene has been great so far this year. Of course it's only barely past 20 games, but it's still noteworthy. It's also helpful that he's probably the fastest skater Canada has, and training with Crosby in the summer can't hurt either. I think he's played LW for Colorado a bit last year, and for Canada at a few WCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Habs View Post
Any number of guys could work for #13 and #14, but they'd certainly need to add some grit (which may otherwise be lacking with the above group) and be well-rounded enough to play on any of the four lines. We have sufficient speed with the above lineup, so we can afford to bring someone that adds a different dimension as an extra. Preference for natural wingers, or centers who have experience playing wing.

1. Perry (RW)
2. Neal (left-handed RW)
3. Benn (C/LW)
4. Carter (C/RW)
5. Kane (LW)
6. Richards (C/LW)
7. Duchene (C/LW)
8. Eberle (RW)
I would probably pick Richards if the Olympics started today. He could be used mainly on the PK, has plenty of experience from the Olympics and playoffs, good skater and he tends to raise his game for big moments. Out of the guys you listed, the only one I have a hard time seeing on Canada is Carter. Once his goal scoring cools off his name will disappear.