View Single Post
03-11-2013, 06:08 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You said you were able to see flaws that many other fans can't see. That sounds like praising to me.
That's my point, what was the cost here? What truly were the risk of PK signing long term. Did you actually think PK wasn't worth investing many years at 4.5M??
I'd have signed him long-term for cheap, but I would rather the bridge to see what he really is capable of on a good team.

Him getting giant money should only happen when he shows the ability to perform at that level consistently.

Maybe you should phrase things differently then.
I don't think any other Dman in the NHL has the offensive vision of Karlsson, but I'm not gonna say they're lacking some.
You think those guys have more hockey IQ than PK, ok, but that's not him lacking any. I also disagree.
IQ is more than just offensive vision and there are a few who are right up there with Karlsson. I'm only saying PK "lacks" anything because we were comparing him to the absolute best.

I'm not trumpeting anything. I simply stated that he was a risk well worth taking, but apparently not to you, and for reasons that didn't make any sense.
That's fine if they don't make sense to you. To me, PK hadn't proved anything yet. I like the way it was handled and the way it has made him hungry. He conformed almost immediately to the team concept and it's showing in his play. After a year like this, assuming he continues this play, I'm much more comfortable signing PK long-term as a cornerstone of the franchise.

So, don't put words in my mouth. I said they were on par, both having stronger/weaker qualities than the other.
Yes, fair enough, was a weak attempt at a comeback . I still think OEL is the best thing since sliced bread though, and would swap them in an instant.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote