View Single Post
03-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Registered User
anleva's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
Dumervil rejects salary cut and asks to be released earlier so he can capitalize on the beginning of free agency.

They got no closer to a resolution. Dumervil has rejected the Broncos' proposed cut from the $12 million salary he is scheduled to make in 2013. That salary would become guaranteed if he is on the Broncos' roster by Saturday.
Magid submitted a counterproposal, but it was more about a restructure than pay reduction. Given the considerable difference in opinion on Dumervil's value, the pass-rushing defensive end is asking the team to release him before the free-agent market opens at 2 p.m. Tuesday, rather than wait until the Saturday deadline with his contract.

"We're at an impasse," Magid said Tuesday afternoon. "There's no animosity, whatsoever. Elvis understands this is a business. He loves the Broncos and he'd still like to come back and play for the Broncos under his current contract or restructure proposal that we sent them.

"But if we can't reach common ground and you know as an organization that you're going to release him, then we'd like for them to release him by (2) p.m. tomorrow and not wait another four days. No hard feelings. We just disagree on their restructure option."

anleva is offline