View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 06:21 PM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post

I know a couple of guys here jump on ridiculously small samples to make a point, but Gionta WAS pathetic and was NOT producing offensively earlier this season.

3 goals and 5 assists for 8 points in 18 games is decent numbers in your opinion, for a guy who is paid 5 millions per year? .
so 18 games is a good sample size, good to know. Not to burst your playsation GM stat projection, but last time I checked we played 26 games, the stats are there.

A lot of players had a bad start/bad stretch and are playing fine now . If you can cherry pick stats about gionta having a pathetic start offensively, look up desharnais, cole, maxpac... and tell me what you see. they all had their issues. and not just about the stats, about their play.

MT isn't too scared to throw gionta out there, being the 2nd most used forward this year on a conference leading team, and 9G in 26 games ... not sure the word pathetic applies here.

I just think that because you don't see him as part of the plan for next year and that you're obsessed by trading him, you see all the negative x10 and you won't see what he does well. That's exactly why you can't be happy that he scored 6 goals in 7 games. keep on hating. Its okay if you think he's overpaid, he is ... but don't tweak facts to try and convince other people he's a pathetic hockey player. A lot of people want to trade him because of his salary, and its a perfectly legitimate position, although trading your captain at the deadline is probably the dumbest thing to do if your idea was to go deep in the playoffs.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote