View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 06:35 PM
OHLFan8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Back in the early 2000's Knights were the laughing stock of the league. Along came the Hunters and they got their star player Rob Schremp and built around him and won a cup. That winning pedigree hasn't left since.
So you have your star player....where's your championship? Next two years, let's go...clock's ticking.
Do some research into how hard the Hunters worked for this franchise and then see if all their success is attributed to 'league preferential treatment' - oh and by the way, what number does Mr leaguepreferentialtreatment wear for the Knights? How many goals does he put up each year? Exactly.
I hope the Otters have a few good years and others try to tear down what they built by saying it is something other than hard work - oh wait, that will probably happen, and it will be people saying that you guys got lucky getting McDavid and that is why you are good......you hope.
Suits me just fine if you guys stay where you are - in the standings that is - 2points is nice to count on. But just for fun, how bout the team relocates....to London, and Dylan Hunter can run that team and show you how its done
I agree with everything you said in regards to the Hunters turning the franchise completely around. I will be honest I do not like London as an Erie fan but I can not take away the credit the Hunters deserve. During the "knightmare" season they had just 3 wins all year which will likely be a record that is never broken. The Hunters took over and they do deserve all the credit for working extremely hard to get where they are today. Like I said I have never really liked the Hunters (Dale primarily) but I give credit where it is due. I think a lot comments that are made about London are mostly jealousy because I for one wish Erie could sign players like Mermis, Stolarz, draft Patrick Kane in the 5th round etc. Also some of the questionable suspensions lengths like both of the Rupert's incidents, and the Raine knee just add people to draw conclusions I think.

Any way you brought up Rob Schremp and I just wanted to say that he is a great guy. It is unfortunate that he did not pan out in the NHL because I have always rooted for him after he went out of his way to sign things for an Erie fan back in the days where the rivalry was bigger than it is now. Can not say the same about Cory Perry though.