View Single Post
03-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Sabres & Blackhawks
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Originally Posted by Siludin View Post
I'm still happy with Kassian, but losing four organizationally key centres - since that deadline trade to this point - to trade/injury/irrelevancy (Pahlsson, Malhotra, Hodgson, Kesler) is hurting the Canucks at the moment, no doubt.

How would Sabres fans feel about a trade looking like

David Booth
Mason Raymond

Jason Pominville
Johen Hecht

Absolutely awful for Buffalo. Booth is overpaid and we already have an overpaid, under-producing winger in Stafford. I have no interest in Raymond. Buffalo doesn't need a soft yet speedy winger with inconsistency issues. We have enough of those too. Those two players won't come close to landing you one of our best players and captain.

As for the OP, it's terrible for Vancouver; if I'm offered a younger roster player for Hecht as a Sabres fan I take it and run. We'd be happy with a late pick, even FC for Hecht at this point. I think Freddy Modin compares in this case; he went for a seventh to Calgary and for FC to Los Angeles. At this point Hecht is a fourth liner and has even been a healthy scratch. I doubt he plays next season. He offers almost nothing anymore. Besides the PK and being a veteran leader he doesn't do anything else. Slow, poor decisions and turnovers, and doesn't look like he cares half the time. His offense is also completely gone to the point where some of the only shots on goal he gets now are those backhand floaters coming off the right wing. We'll take anything for him and I mean anything. He's a step away from retirement. However, due to respect and sentimentality towards the player, I don't think Regier will trade him unless Hecht wants to be. He'll just let the longest-tenured Sabre retire in Buffalo on his own terms or go back to Germany if he wishes to keep playing.

As for Ott, fans of other teams need to stop asking for him. He's simply not available.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote