View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
I'd have signed him long-term for cheap, but I would rather the bridge to see what he really is capable of on a good team.

Him getting giant money should only happen when he shows the ability to perform at that level consistently.
But if we believe the last rumors and if we look at what he actually signed, I seriously doubt PK was looking for Giant money.

Quote:
IQ is more than just offensive vision and there are a few who are right up there with Karlsson. I'm only saying PK "lacks" anything because we were comparing him to the absolute best.
But you use that as a flaw when it isn't. You also believe that his steps behind IQ compared to them far exceeds whatever qualities he has over those players as well, something I disagree with.

Quote:
That's fine if they don't make sense to you. To me, PK hadn't proved anything yet. I like the way it was handled and the way it has made him hungry. He conformed almost immediately to the team concept and it's showing in his play. After a year like this, assuming he continues this play, I'm much more comfortable signing PK long-term as a cornerstone of the franchise.
But it's not a matter of opinion. It's a fact that he was effectively shutting down top opponents consistently and that he was solid in all three situations. That to me was enough a reason to look at signing him for a cheaper long term deal.

I also disagree on the bridge deal making him hungry. I think this is PK following the same progression he's had over the years.
Would he be just as solid as he is now if he had signed a long term deal? Apparently not to you (considering you believe this deal made him hungry). I disagree because PK has shown that his work ethic is irreproachable. Actually, he is so serious when he practices that even his teammates get upset.
He always comes into camp in tip top shape, his off ice training is great as well.
There's absolutely no reason to speculate that PK would see a drop in performance, a laid back attitude, after signing a big deal.

Quote:
Yes, fair enough, was a weak attempt at a comeback . I still think OEL is the best thing since sliced bread though, and would swap them in an instant.
That's fine, I know you prefer him. But again, I think it's more of a question of style rather than actual skill.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote