View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Blue Goose
"Hockey Transplant"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Nobody will give you anything for Komisarek or Liles let alone a 2nd. Maybe somebody would take a chance on one of them if their contracts expired at the end of the year. And Connolly is currently in the minors after clearing waivers, meaning every team passed on him for free.

Can't see why the Leafs would trade MacArthur...the team hasn't been to the playoffs in forever. Might as well keep him and hope for a good playoff run rather than give him up for a 2nd.
Komisarek won't be moved. If he had an expiring contract, maybe. But I can't see teams taking him at this deadline and having to have him on their roster (and, more importantly, pay him) next year too. Plus, he's got a NMC, which is severely going to limit the list of available teams.

Liles could be moved, but I don't think Leaf fans would like the return. Burke had faith in him and overpaid him a bit. If Nonis moves him, he's going to get a 2nd or 3rd in return and not much else. Plus, he's also got a NTC.

I think teams passed on Connolly during the waiver period because of his contract. But I could conceivably see him being dealt as a rental at the deadline, since a team would only have to pay his prorated salary for 3.5 weeks (players don't get paid in the playoffs). If a team was desparate for a veteran center for the playoffs, would it be worth it to pay approx. $400-500K and only give up a mid round draft pick in return? Doesn't seem so far-fetched to me...but the team WOULD have to have cap room available, which would be tricky.

I hope they don't deal Mac - he'll be too important for the playoff push. Honestly, I hope they give him an extension before the deadline as well.

Blue Goose is offline   Reply With Quote