View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
It's amazing how MLS is thought of more highly over in Europe compared to how it is thought of in its own country.

15 years ago, MLS was garbage. 7 years ago, it was slightly better but still bad. 4 years ago it was slightly better.

Now it's pretty solid.. Which is why you see so many of the European teams struggle when they play MLS teams during the summer and also going after so many different MLS players.

It's not the EPL yet but no league in the world is... It's certainly better than the SPL (coming from a Celtic supporter) and several of the other leagues over there. Keeps getting shown clearly by supposed EPL stars coming over here and performing like **** regardless of age.
I understand where you're coming from and I agree that the MLS has improved- and I'm sure European perception of the league has improved as well especially after the friendlies last summer. Just as a matter of personal preference though: I'd rather watch and follow the best players in the world as they compete in the best league in the world. I definitely want to make an effort watch more NY Red Bulls games as well though.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote