View Single Post
Old
07-27-2006, 08:19 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
His speed is above average... not the burner he was touted as. His shot and goal-scoring instincts aren't what they were projected to be after his RSL season. Extremely streaky. He looks to be a complement player rather than the catalyst we thought he naturally was. When it comes down to it we should be pleased if he becomes a legitimate 2nd liner.
It's also hard to factor in, lack of confidence, struggling in a new league, etc.. Who's to say how much the lockout/AHL suspension hurt him since he had one season over here and then went back to Russia when he needed to be in North America working on his English.

I saw him play a good bit during the lockout and I still can't beleive it was the same player I saw this year in the NHL. I can understand that the smaller ice and more physical game can have a big impact on a player, but he'll have to do much, much better this year and if he plays like he did in the RSL then he should work his way into the top 6 imo. I like to see what kind of impact Samsonov will have on him, since he's another small offensivley gifted forward. At camp I'd love to see a Samsonov Grabovsky Perehzogin line just to see how fast they would be.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote