View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 08:20 PM
MidnightRanger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I've been watching every sport pretty much sine I was 11 years old. And that includes Soccer. So I've been watching it for 20 years. Though I dropped out of soccer for most of the 2000s I picked it up really quickly. When I was a kid the Italian league was leaps and bounds the best. The Spanish League was just Real and Barcelona. Maybe Valencia was third. Today its not that different except more teams are a little better in international competition. The Italian league gave way to the EPL which 20 years ago was imo nowhere as good, not even in the same conversation as even the Bundesliga. Now all of a sudden the level of play in the EPL is the best in the world. I notice all the time not when I see Manchester United take on teams like Chelsea but when I see the chumps of the league like Wigan or Bolton going against each other. And then you really see this high level intensity that I do not see out of these teams when they play the big guns. That's when I'm like "wow look at that Townsend guy, why isn't he the central attacking midfielder for England and they still carry stiffs like Gerard?" and things like that. What I'm saying is please do not put any MLS team in the same league as the worst team in the second division of England because the speed, the conditioning, the coaching is LIGHT YEARS ahead. I mean you look at the Red Bulls and the fact they can't even have a professional defender of any kind is beyond sad. And you put Seattle or L.A. against Tottenham Spurs and they get crushed let alone Manchester United. Although to be fair I think Manchester United is not a top club when you measure them against the top Spanish teams who are the 2 best clubs in the world right now. And MU is not even as good as Borussia Dortmund. But anyway I rest my case.

Having said that I'm still waiting for the Cosmos to return.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote