View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
In his worst games this year I felt he was still one of the best to apply puck pressure and cause turnovers,
And I choose to disagree with this based on the fact that he was mostly losing all of his 1 on 1 battles. That while he did apply pressure, he wasn't getting the best of it. And that while he never floated, his small fast feet wasn't delivering as much as his movement pretended to do. That's why it's most difficult to "bash" a guy like that 'cause you always feel that he's always working hard. Which he does. But in his case...it's not about floating. It's not about not working hard enough. It's about working better. It's about using your smarts to outwit the opponent since you can't physically matched them. He wasn't doing it before. Looks more like he's doing now.

I still believe that in a longer season but mostly in the playoffs, we don't have the right mix just yet. We are not physical enough on D and up front and that DOESN'T mean that we have to lose the talent to get the grit. Means that with time and appropriate picks and trades, we need to be bigger all around and in the case of Gionta...while it doesn't seem to be NOW, the guy is not going to have his career years in the future. We need to be proactive just like we were with Cole. Maybe not this year....but we can't wait an eternity...you need to takes decisions when you actually have the upper hand. Enough with the trades when "you have to" or when they aren't worth anything...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote