View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
As for the HHOF, he deserves to be in there. 500 goals and 1,000 points along with over 2,200 PIMS while playing the majority of his prime in the dead puck era. Led the league in goals in 96-97 while also racking up over 220 PIMS. Easily one of the best players in the league at standing in front of the net and tipping shots back when you had to be a man to stand in front of the net. Youngest captain in Jets history and a key memeber of the '96 US World Cup team, wearing an "A" while being the meanest guy on the team. Breaking Claude Lemieux's nose in front of the US bench should be looked at as one of the finer moments in hockey history
I wouldn't put him in though. The goals look nice, and they were, but like Bondra he was another guy who didn't rack up a lot of assists, or even a lot of points at a HHOF level, even for his era.

Tkachuk had a brief peak and then sort of levelled off after a couple years in the 1990s. Just looked awkward in the postseason as well and it isn't the type of playoff resume I want to see in a HHOF player. Tkachuk seemed to take advantage of his reputation in his later years despite not really being a great player anymore. Atlanta picked him up in 2007 in the hopes that he would ignite a playoff run and I couldn't understand why.

The question you have to ask is who does Tkachuk open the door for if he is elected into the HHOF. I think there are a few and that isn't a good thing.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote