View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 09:44 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
I disagree. He waited until they had control of the puck when they had the 5 on 3 before he pulled JP. The D-Man should have waited for the 6th skater to get in the zone before shooting.

It was a good game yesterday, a couple of bad bounces, Hore skating the puck into the net for Guelph's 2nd goal. The linesman's bad drop of the puck costing Sarnia on the first Guelph goal. We just didn't get the bounces like we did against London.

The only issue I really had with the game is Park. He may be one of the worst ref's in the league. Good thing we don't see him in Sarnia too often.

I noticed Noah Carroll was at the game. Does anybody have any info on him?
From Elgin-Middlesex Chiefs? I've viewed him several times and he's a very projectable defenseman for the OHL. Makes smart decisions and plays the body well. Solid puck mover. I've talked to a few scouts and most see him as a potential 3rd round selection at the OHL Draft.

I should mention that I've seen JB at several EMC games throughout the game. Obviously JB lives close to EMC (Strathroy) so that may be a factor but I'd bet good money that the team is looking hard at several Chiefs for the upcoming draft. There are certainly a lot of intriguing players from that roster - Konecny (won't fall to Sting), Crouse (ditto), Coyle (an option), Worrad, Mayo, Carroll, and Fazio (G), to name a few.

I am in Toronto for the OHL Cup this week and I will be keeping my eye open for some talent and where the Sting spend most of their time

I remember last year seeing the Sting scouting staff there and watching Alex Renaud have a VERY good tournament