View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Staal got this average mostly because he was asked to play a more defensive game behind Crosby and Malkin in Pittsburgh, in Raleigh he'll be behind his brother only, and I think we'll see the real Jordan Staal.

And I don't know, with the kind of talent available in this year's draft, expecting 40 pts per season from a 1st rounder ain't right IMO. I know you were only comparing the style of players, and making some projections, but if that's all we could get, I prefer a more dynamic offensive player, that's what we need right now. Eller could actually become that 40 pts 2-way center, why get another one ?

Anyway, I don't get the vibe from Gauthier, might be another Keven Veilleux for all we know...
Jordan Staal has offensive talent, but he won't explode just because he's no longer in Pittsburgh, he's been #2 most of the last 2 years with crosby and Malkin being hurt.

Gauthier has little in Common with Veilleux. Veilleux was more of a lazy one dimensional player. Gauthier has a strong work ethic and is a strong 2 way player.