vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
What about this:

Ratelle-Taylor-Stevens
Park-Hatcher

Ovechkin-Thornton-Mullen
Niedermayer-Richards

For the first unit, it gives the option for Taylor or Ratelle to be a shooter. Taylor is often looked at as a playmaker, but people forget that he led the PCHA in goals 3 times. It would mean that our 1st PP unit doesn't have a true trigger man, but two guys that can both score, and a great net presence in front with Stevens. Then for the 2nd PP, there is still no net presence, but it functions more like a normal line.

I wasn't paying any attention to sides, I'll make that adjustment. I was trying to limit Park's minutes a bit, but do you think he could do triple first unit duty? Also, what do you recall about Niedermayer on the PK? It doesn't look like he killed penalties all that much in NJ.
I don't think Mike Richards can play 3rd line minutes and 2nd unit of both special teams. I would take him off the 2nd PP, and put Ovechkin on the point on the 1st unit for Hatcher. I'd probably have Oatman fill the open space up front on the 2nd unit or draft a 4th liner that can do it.

I think Park is a borderline guy when it comes to being able to play all three 1st units. Considering he has a weaker partner at even strength I probably wouldn't do it.

Hawkey Town 18 is offline   Reply With Quote