View Single Post
Old
12-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Mike8

vCash: 500
I can't see Nilson being that costly. He's been playing the fourth line in Florida along with Ritchie and McDonald, providing a good solid young energy line with speed and lots of hits. Nilson's an agitator who will finish all his checks, play responsible defensive hockey and will go to danger areas.

He has some talent, as witnessed by his being a first round selection and being consistent in putting 30+ points on the board, but he's certainly not a top six forward. His talent is more or less limited to being able to keep the puck deep and cycle well, and not quite as rough around the edges as Begin is in passing or puck control.

I wouldn't expect Nilson's cost to be that great. The Panthers have Nedorost, Novoseltsev and Shvidki that need some NHL ice time, and there isn't all that much room available to them. That said, Nilson's been playing quite well in a fourth line energy role, so there's no desperate need (that I know of) to shed him from the roster.

My question is: where would he fit in Montreal? I'd like to see him added but, the timing doesn't seem right. There's currently a glut of forwards here. Adding a player like Nilson would only make the mess more difficult to fix.