View Single Post
03-11-2013, 09:28 PM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Tyson Barrie is still a rookie and rookies around the league aren't getting much leeway. Look at how the Rangers are handling Chris Kreider constantly sent up and down more often than a rollercoaster. Or how the Oilers are utilizing Yakupov by not even using him in close games in the 3rd period ahead of stiffs like Smyth.

I hear what you're saying, but who else can Sacco realistically use on the point in that situation? I'm fairly curious.

Really? That's exactly the system John Tortorella employs along with many other coaches. That's the most generic use of systematic play using the dump and chase method, all teams use it. The Avs have great high end talent in Stastny Duchene, Landeskog, O'Reilly and Johnson and I don't think any of those players are being underutilized. The rest of the roster looks very shady at best, in fact I think Sacco's done really well relative to the talent he has on the roster.

That's the system that should be employed by coaches. A system that encourages players to work harder than the other team. Again John Tortorella has the exact same ideology when on offense. We never carry it into the zone and rely on out-muscling/outworking the opposition with the dump and chase.

I think that's very harsh. Sacco should have no credit for the development of Duchene Landeskog, ROR amongst others who he started with?
Bored today? WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Unless you've WATCHED all 15 of Tyson Barrie's games this season, I don't think you can really make a blanket statement that covers ALL ROOKIES in the league like Kreider and what not.

You seemed to want to know why this MORON is a bad coach, I gave you a few examples amongst A GIANT BUCKETLOAD and you seem to want to pick an argument with me for some reason?

You want to compare a Stanley Cup winning coach like Tortorella with a guy who never even had a winning record in the minors before being hired as a head coach?!!?

I'm not saying coaches should never tell players to use 'dump & chase' and I'm not advocating they tell their players to NOT work as hard as the opposition but that shouldn't be the limit to what you can bring behind the bench, which IS the case with Sacco.

You seemed to ask the question so you can start an argument. I can give you a LONG LIST of stupid, idiotic decisions that this fool has made over the years but I doubt that you'd consider them since you seem to think he's doing such a great job, without really having the in-depth knowledge of following this team from game to game.