View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 09:30 PM
orangecrush8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
yes. that and everyone acts like this money is holding us up from getting someone else. name names then. who are they talking about? we tried to give one of the richest contracts in NHL history out well after signing bryzgalov. our team will always spend to the max. these people crying about the cap hit act like its such a legitimate complaint but its not based around any realistic scenarios where its stopped us from picking somebody up. i think the root of all this in reality is patience. people are impatient. i'm impatient. i want a damn cup but also knew when these moves were made in 2011 that it was gonna set us back a few years. we're still progressing as a team and figuring out what works and what doesn't. the core is very young. it's gonna suck to miss the playoffs too but i like most of our pieces we just gotta grow some sacks and stop whining. stay the course. briere is the dead weight cap hit to me.
I think a lot of people (myself included) are more concerned when the cap goes down next year. I certainly don't want our goalie eating 5.6 million of cap space when in reality we can get a goalie to perform similarly while making 2.5 million.

So yeah, at this point, it hasn't hurt us. But I can see it becoming a problem in the future