View Single Post
03-11-2013, 09:51 PM
HFBoards Sponsor
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Great game thus far in Portland. Pirates lead 4-2 in a game they have been dominating.

Stone can play at the pro level. I thought he was a bottom pairing guy but he's looking like Top 4 at this point. Bomb of a shot and great size.

Chris Brown is our Wayne Simmonds. He's developing faster than expected. Very impressive player. Again, I thought he was a third liner but it's looking like he may have 20 goal upside.

I'd like to gush about Rundblad a little. He had a highlight reel goal (was goal of the year until tonight as Conner now holds that honor) last game and he picked the corner again tonight. He's only a -2 this year; which is a huge improvement from last season. I like his upside. He's a top 10 D prospect in the league. Maybe top 5. Amazing how now that he's not a prospect with a Canadian team that he's now being talked about like he's a complete bust.

Gormely took a step forward tonight as well. Starting to get adjusted to the speed of the AHL game.

I like Martinook. His stats aren't there yet but this kid has something to his game that I'm drawn to.

Summers has had some nice plays as well. He's the forgotten man but I think he's capable of a bottom pairing role on the main squad. He would be higher on the depth chart if it weren't for our incredible depth. A guy with his skating as our 5th/6th guy is fairly impressive.

Bolduc obviously very impressive. He's better than I expected.

Shinnimin and Miele both creating time and space. Shinnimin has shown huge improvement from earlier this year.

How was my scouting report in hindsight?