View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Heebs21*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
I don't want to get ahead of myself here, because it wouldn't surprise me if the Avs lose to the Oilers tomorrow night and then Minnesota on Thursday, but it is hard not to feel a little positive about this past week.

The first season it was Duchene, O'Reilly, and Stastny. Duchene was Good, Stastny was good, and O'Reilly wasn't as good as he is now.

Then the next season Duchene was good, Stastny wasn't as good, O'Reilly was the same.

Then the third season Duchene was bad, O'Reilly was good, and Stastny declined again.

Now this season Duchene has been amazing, Stastny has been better of late, and O'Reilly is showing that he can be even better than he was last season. This is the first time all three centers are putting it all together, and it is really showing in how this team plays.

Add to this EJ and Wilson returning, Landeskog getting back into shape, hopefully Barrie back in the lineup soon, and it is really easy to see why the team has looked so much better. It has been a loooooong time since the Avs had this many good players in the lineup at once. If the Avs were able to put this team on the ice from the start of the season, I'm sure Sherman would have a lot more fans.
The simple fact of the matter is that he over-paid for EJ and seriously over-valued Barrie and Elliot. Enough so to trade away one of the best offensive defensemen in the league.

With Stewart and Shattenkirk we are are a better team.