View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 11:11 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
So you think Ellis at this point in his career warrants "high end" offensive abilities in return? Not an attack, just wondering if the fan base shares that attitude on Ellis. Many on my boards still think Bailey should bring a high return, whereas I do not. I think he may still have the potential to be a 2nd line winger but more likely a third line center. Do people still think Ellis is a stud over there?
We don't need second or third line centers, that's the thing - we need a definitive solution to our offensive woes. But yes, Ellis has played just fine and still has not reached his ceiling. His offensive numbers are actually slightly better than Bailey's at the moment.

Just to drive the point home, Nashville is the worst offensive team in the league, and Bailey would be our 12th-best scorer by total points, on par with the likes of Brandon Yip and Nick Spaling. That's not a worthwhile investment for the Predators at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
Bailey, pass. Okposo, on the other hand, Im sure we could figure something out.
Okposo is not the definitive solution we're looking for either. He's promising, but he's just another 20-25 goal scorer who's strong on the puck. We have a couple of those already, and there's no point in throwing around assets to create redundancies right now. We're not a contender, and we don't have the high-end talent that maximizes the effectiveness of a player like Okposo.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote