View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 11:21 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley83 View Post
You specifically said you wanted Jackman to go to free up space for the Garrison deal (who in my mind hasn't lived up to his huge contract) I don't care enough to keep this stuff archived but I know that you and a few others had said it. Every Defenseman in the NHL should put priority on clearing the crease for their Goaltender, why shouldn't they? Yes, I wanted have to have another player that can engage in that kind of play. You could want Petro and Russell to have intensity and aggression but do you honestly see it happening?
In typical fashion you are trying to make me sound as if I meant something different. When I said having another player that is a crease-clearer it didn't mean have "only one" player so nobody else on the team would have to. Why on earth would I not want the whole team defense to play that way?
The bold is a lie. I don't know who you're thinking of but it wasn't me. You have zero idea what you're talking about.

When we got into it this summer you said, Garrison wouldn't be the guy, instead we should get Bryan Allen. Soft, soft (but big) Bryan Allen. As your crease clearer.

As far as now saying you want the whole team to play that way, friggin duh, dude. That's the whole point. You don't go out and get a one-dimensional Garth Butcher who will hurt you in other areas, you just have to realize that hockey is about desire and it's a whole team effort. This entire debate came up during the summer in terms of what player the Blues should target in free agency. Now you're saying the whole team should play like this (as I've been saying all thread). That's such an obvious position it shouldn't be worthy of debate. But it was also the position I had in the summer when you were clamoring for the one-dimensional player. No team can win the Cup without full, total dedication. It's why the Kings won, and it's why we watch the games ... in hopes our team does this.

But the Jackman thing is total BS, guy.