View Single Post
Old
03-11-2013, 11:36 PM
TS Quint

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
What do you think of Nichushkin's playoffs so far? His positioning and offensive zone play? Just curious

I just don't see how Hanzal at the peak of his career on his best day do some of the things Nichushkin seems to do consistently.
Haven't seen him play outside of the WJC.

I just don't see how Nichushkin at the peak of his career on his best day do the things Mario Lemiuex did. I some how doubt Nichushkin will ever have the highest PPG ever in the NHL like Mario did (after his first retirement). Do you understand how good that is? Lets say Nichushkin has a better career than anyone expects and he is a PPG player. Mario was over 2ppg before he retired. There is a far better chance that Nichushkin ends up as a 50-60 point player than he will become the caliber of Lemieux, Gretzky, Howe, or Kharlamov. There If you are using him as a Mario lite that's like giving directions to Sydney Austraila by saying "go to the North Pole and head south". Its in no way accurate. I know you have the Russian flag beside your name and I expect a littler homerism and I'm good with that. If he was anywhere near Lemieux, I mean if they expected half of Lemieux he would be the #1 prospect. Or maybe you see something that no one else in the whole world sees in him