03-12-2013, 02:55 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
You Must Be Tired

vCash: 2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Brendan Smith is a stud.
Potential stud. At 24 he's scored at the exact rate that Eric Tangradi has (1 goal every 29 games...Smith has 1 in 29 career games and Tangradi has 2 in 58) and you can't get much closer than them in age (Tangradi is 2 days younger than Smith).

The difference between Red Wings prospects and Penguins prospects is that they don't expect everyone they draft to have an influence within two years of being drafted like this place does. Smith would have been run out of Pittsburgh just as Tangradi was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
i tried dipping my toe in the water but quickly got tired. here's my inconsequential contribution:

2.32 Carl Sneep | 2.34 Michal Neuvirth, 2.36 Jamie McGinn, 2.43 Riley Holzapfel, 2.44 Nikolai Kulemin

then again what good is drafting McGinn if you're going to trade him for TJ Galiardi and Daniel Winnik and then let Winnik walk. brutal trade.
Call me crazy...but I still don't hate the Sneep pick. Yeah he was a bit off the board, yeah he regressed in the minors, yeah he's the definition of a draft bust...but he was a Chuck Grillo guy and Grillo deserves a pass for all of the Minnesota guys he nabbed for us. Area scouts tend to be anonymous, but any Penguins fan knew Grillo's name because the guy got a pick in every-other-draft or so for a decade and a disproporionate amount of those picks wound up having great value, despite none of them being slam dunks. I don't think I need to remind anyone about how off-the-board that Goligoski pick was...or the rewards it has reaped for us. That was all Grillo.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 03-12-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote