View Single Post
Old
03-12-2013, 03:59 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Coburn hasnt been good this year at all and I said it before I am beginning to wonder if its all above the neck with him. Confidence seems to be an issue with him as well. There is no doubt he has the skillset to be a very good defenseman. I just wonder if it will be here.
-9 and all those minor penalties he takes (up there in the league leaders)
Maybe trading him could be the best thing for him.

Well then there is the issue of overplaying Timonen who you always have to worry about being overworked. If you are worried about both Timonen and Grossman for a variety of reasons there probably isnt an easy solution to how you play them. Gotta say tho if Grossman goes down for any length of time it definitely goes from bad to worse and quickly.
I would be inclined to hang onto him. Moving players can gelp them get a fresh start, but I don't know if a fresh start is what Coburn needs. This might just be who he is: great for a while, bad for a stretch, good for a stretch, great for a while, rinse and repeat.

As for overplaying Kimmo, the ice time can get split pretty evenly between those top two pairings. I wouldn't mind seeing Gus with Grossmann for a stretch either. They have very complimentary skill sets.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote