View Single Post
03-12-2013, 03:05 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Listen, Grabner is a goal scorer, Only Tavares and Moulson have scored more goals than him on the Isles the last 3 years. Only a moron gives him 9 minutes a game. Grabner gets a breakaway a game, causes other teams to take penalties, is an excellent penalty killer, what more can you ask from a guy ? So he made a mistake against Pittsburgh, so what ? So did 99% of the team. Capuano is a moron.

Tavares 76 goals
Moulson 78 goals
Grabner 64 goals

That's the totals the last three year, up to now. Yet Grabner gets half the ice time of those two, AND his friggen center is Marty-1 goal a season-Reasoner. Anyone who watches hockey, knows how talented Grabner is, and that he needs to be playing top 6 minutes. Hopefully our next coach realizes that.
Just a little question......what does giving too many minutes to a breakaway artist accomplish? What if he benefits from limited time rather than ample?

I think he could do well with more time, but.....I hate the idea of him being with JT and Mush Moulson using his speed. I'd rather someone creative like Nielson who can play D be with him as well as someone who can come up the rear to get rebounds who is also defensively sound. Bailey? Possibly. I'd wish we had someone like Parrish following him in, though. {not that this team would have a player stand near the goalie by any means}

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote